Your Cart Is Empty
Navigation Course Saturday 17th October
Saturday 17th October 10-4pm meeting at Princetown Car park. £40 per person. You will need:
Start time: 10am. End time: 5pm approx.
Start point: Princetown Visitor Centre car park
What to expect:
- This is a practical course introducing you to use of map and compass. It is suitable for complete beginners and those with some experience wishing to revise the basics.
- We will be walking five to eight miles, some of it across irregular ground, practising as we go.
- We will observe government Covid guidelines including keeping our physical distance from each other.
What to bring:
- Come prepared for a day on the moors with warm, waterproof clothing, sun protection, packed lunch, a drink and footwear suitable for rough, wet terrain; also hand sanitiser.
- Bring a 1:25,000 Ordnance Survey Explorer map of Dartmoor if possible (in a map case if it’s a paper map rather than a laminated one), and a compass if you have one (A phone compass doesn’t count! It needs to be something you can take a compass bearing with e.g. Silva Classic or Silva Expedition 4.) Please let Denise know when booking whether or not you need to borrow these.
Shipping: United Kingdom and Europe only