Nordic Walking Sessions and events
CORONAVIRUS AND DARTMOOR NORDIC WALKING:
We are pleased to announce that our group walks are able to continue and our insurers and Government Guidelines means we can have up to 30 walkers per walk, with social distancing at all times. 1:1 walks, with and without poles along with 1:1 Learn to Nordic Walk sessions, will continue all with social distancing! For more details email firstname.lastname@example.org We keep details of all walkers for track and trace.
If you are new to Nordic Walking, you will need to learn the technique.
- 2 weeks course: Learn the basic technique over 2 x 1.5hour sessions. Poles included. See ' book a session' page.
- Advance and Refresh: Are you making the most of your technique, need to refresh or advance. Suitable as an add on to the 2 week course or as a refresher if you have been walking for a while. You can also have this as a 1:1 session.
- One-to-one sessions: If none of the course dates suit, you would like to improve your technique, or would simply like a walk on your own, these sessions are for you. Learn the technique of Nordic Walking at a time and date to suit yoi.
- Private sessions: for couples or groups. Location, time and duration to suit.
- Fitness and guided walks: Dartmoor Nordic Walking will be providing fitness and guided walks for those who want to explore the moors without using poles. These can be arranged for individuals or groups.
- Holiday walks: If you are on holiday and would like to discover Dartmoor, guided walks are available for you.
- Personal Training: Would you like to be able to have a personal training session without going to the gym? Book a PT session outdoors and achieve everything you can in the gym with suspension cables, Nordic Walking, hills, resistance bands and lots more. Please email denise@dartmoornordicwalking for further details.
Walk with Winnie" Open to all.
Saturday 5th December 10-12noon. For a walk to Grimspound and the Hameldown Ridge.
If you enjoy walking on the moors, would prefer to walk without poles, but would like a try a few new walks, then guided walks are for you. Either on your own or with friends, please email for more details. Dogs welcome.
Dartmoor Nordic Walking:
Our walks are varied and start in different locations around Dartmoor. Look at the Nordic Walking Sessions page to see when these walks take place. You will always see the Dartmoor Nordic Walking banner flag at the start of each walk, so you will know you are in the right place!
Learn to Navigate with map and compass or refresh your skills.
Saturday 17th October 10-4pm From Princetown.
Saturdays 10-11.30am or 10-12noon. Meeting at various locations near to and around Okehampton.
Saturday 31st October- Fox and Hounds Inn, car park
Saturday 7th November - Haytor lower car park
Saturday 14th November - Row Tor
Saturday 21st November - Car Park before the Dartmoor Inn.
2.30-3.30pm - Various start points around Okehampton. An hours fitness walk.. See Booking page for details. £6, plus £2 pole hire if required. Please book on the "Book a session" page on this website, for these walks.
Tuesday 3rd November - Shilstone Tor
Tuesday 10th November - Belstone by the wall
Tuesday 17th November- Finch Foundry car park
6.00-7.30pm - (April to September) Meeting at various starting points around the moors. See the "Book a session' page or Facebook for details.
10-11.30am - Starting 7th October 2020. We will be walking at various locations over Dartmoor.
Wednesday 4th November - Belstone Water Works
Wednesday 11th November - Shilstone Tor
Wednesday 18th November - Chagford Pool car park
To be confirmed.
12-12.30pm. Meet OCRA Pavilion, Okehampton.. £5.
9-9.30am - FREE Taster Session Tavistock. Meeting at Meadowlands Leisure Centre.. The first Thursday of the month. Come along and try Nordic Walking and feel the power of those poles! To book a space, please phone Meadowlands Leisure Centre 01822 617774.
2 week, Basic Learn to Nordic Walk:
Saturday 12-1.30pm Dates to be confirmed.
A 2 week, hour and a half, course to learn the technique of Nordic Walking and feel the full 'power of the poles'. Burn up to 40% more calories than walking without poles. £40 including use of poles. Meet at OCRA Cafe Okehampton (NOT THE SPORTS CENTRE)
To be confirmed 12.30-1pm.
So you have completed the "Learn to Nordic Walk" course but not yet had your first walk, you feel you have forgotten every thing you have learnt. Then this is the course for you. A quick half hour refresher and you are ready to go.. £6 per session.
Recommend a friend to Dartmoor Nordic Walking, and have a FREE walk!
Walk card: Buy 10 walks for the price of 9. Email for more details.
Vouchers: Available at various prices to suit the occasion. Personalised too. For more details, please email email@example.com.
Please check the booking schedule to see which walks are taking place each week, as this may vary.
Well behaved Dogs are welcome on our walks, as long as you have it under full control and it doesn't get in the way of our poles! but please do ask first.
Obviously you are responsible for the behaviour of your dog at all times.