Nordic Walking Sessions and events
If you are new to Nordic Walking, you will need to learn the technique.
- 30 minute taster session: A chance to give Nordic Walking a try before you book on the course.
- 2 weeks course: Learn the basic technique over 2 x 1.5hour sessions. Poles included. See ' book a session' page.
- Advance and Refresh: Are you making the most of your technique, need to refresh or advance. Suitable as an add on to the 2 week course or as a refresher if you have been walking for a while.
- One-to-one sessions: If none of the course dates suit, you would like to improve your technique, or would simply like a walk on your own, these sessions are for you.
- Private sessions: for couples or groups. Location, time and duration to suit.
- Fitness and guided walks: Dartmoor Nordic Walking will be providing fitness and guided walks for those who want to explore the moors without using poles. These can be arranged for individuals or groups.
- Holiday walks: If you are on holiday and would like to discover Dartmoor, guided walks are available for you.
- Personal Training: Would you like to be able to have a personal training session without going to the gym? Book a PT session outdoors and achieve everything you can in the gym with suspension cables, Nordic Walking, hills, resistance bands and lots more. Please email denise@dartmoornordicwalking for further details.
Walk with Winnie" Open to all.
Saturday 21st March 10-11.30am. Meeting at Batworthy Corner, near Kestor, to walk to Kestor, Thornworthy Tor then out towards Ferworthy Reservoir. This walk can be found in the March/April and edition of the Oke Links magazine. If you enjoy walking on the moors, would prefer to walk without poles, but would like a try a few new walks, then guided walks are for you. Either on your own or with friends, please email for more details. Dogs welcome.
Dartmoor Nordic Walking:
Our walks are varied and start in different locations around Dartmoor. Look at the Nordic Walking Sessions page to see when these walks take place. You will always see the Dartmoor Nordic Walking banner flag at the start of each walk, so you will know you are in the right place!
Join us for a 7 night walking holiday in the Sierra De Aracena and Picos De Aroche mountains in the Northern area of Southern Spain. We will be guided on walks in this amazing area of Spain, walking each day, then taking in the Local sites, restaurants, wines, cheeses with an Astronomy evening in an area with no light pollution. Flying from Bristol to Seville 23rd- 30th April. For more details email firstname.lastname@example.org
9.30-11am. Meeting at various locations near to and around Okehampton.
This walk is suitable for those who know the technique of Nordic Walking and will require a suitable level of fitness as it will involve some hill work. If the weather is good, we will be meeting on the open moors. please see "Book a session" page for more details.
2.30-3.30pm - Various start points around Okehampton. An hours fitness walk.. See Booking page for details. £6, plus £2 pole hire if required. Please book on the "Book a session" page on this website, for these walks.
6.30-7.30pm - (Will restart April 2020) Meeting at various starting points around the moors. See the "Book a session' page or Facebook for details. Our last evening walk will be 4th September.
9.00-9.30am - FREE Taster Session - 6th February, 5th March, 2nd April. Tavistock. Meeting Meadowlands Leisure Centre. The first Thursday of the month. Come along and try Nordic Walking and feel the power of those poles!
9.30-10.30am - . An hours weekly fitness walk from various start points near and around Tavistock. On behalf of Fusion and Meadowlands Leisure Centre. FREE to Fusion members See booking page for details. £5, plus £1 pole hire if required. To book, please phone Meadowlands Reception 01822 617774. Open to all.
To be confirmed.
12-12.30pm. Meet OCRA Pavilion, Okehampton.. £5.
Thursday 6th February, 5th March, 2nd April.
9-9.30am - FREE Taster Session Tavistock. Meeting at Meadowlands Leisure Centre.. The first Thursday of the month. Come along and try Nordic Walking and feel the power of those poles! To book a space, please phone Meadowlands Leisure Centre 01822 617774.
2 week, Basic Learn to Nordic Walk:
Saturday 12-1.30pm Dates to be confirmed.
A 2 week, hour and a half, course to learn the technique of Nordic Walking and feel the full 'power of the poles'. Burn up to 40% more calories than walking without poles. £40 including use of poles. Meet at OCRA Cafe Okehampton (NOT THE SPORTS CENTRE)
To be confirmed 12.30-1pm.
So you have completed the "Learn to Nordic Walk" course but not yet had your first walk, you feel you have forgotten every thing you have learnt. Then this is the course for you. A quick half hour refresher and you are ready to go.. £6 per session.
Recommend a friend to Dartmoor Nordic Walking, and have a FREE walk!
Walk card: Buy 10 walks for the price of 9. Email for more details.
Vouchers: Available at various prices to suit the occasion. Personalised too. For more details, please email email@example.com.
Please check the booking schedule to see which walks are taking place each week, as this may vary.
Well behaved Dogs are welcome on our walks, as long as you have it under full control and it doesn't get in the way of our poles! but please do ask first.
Obviously you are responsible for the behaviour of your dog at all times.